Saturday, May 26, 2012

Manga Review: Beelzebub 157

SPOILER ALERT!!! This review of Beelzebub 157 will contain spoilers! If you haven't read the new chapter click HERE!

This chapter of Beelzebub was kept nice and cute with a sprinkle of funny. To be honest, I'm really not here for Beelzebub's action because, to me, the art is only so so, however this manga is hilarious and that's really the only thing that keeps me coming back. But anyway,we see in this chapter Kunieda not quite asking Oga out on a date by inviting Beel to go see the Rice Boy Hero Show with her little brother. Of course Oga, much to Furuichi's dismay, is too dense to know the underlining meaning of Kunida's invitation and accepts.


This reminds me of Bobobo-Bo bo-bobo...
Meanwhile, Red Tail member Hanazawa Yuka (this girl) is running around spreading rumors about Six Knights member, Nanami Shizuka (here) and the Tohoshiki's former leader Tojo. Meh, I'm not really interested in their relationship but it's a cute side story. I'm more focused on the not-so love triangle between Oga, Kunieda, and Hilda. Speaking of, Hilda is, thankfully, left at home and out of this chapter for the most part. Hilda's cool I guess, but it's really hard for me to like her and I really don't see her ending up with Oga.

Anyway, they get to the amusement park for the show and run into damn near everyone. You can definitely expect the whole school and then some to show up in later chapters because so far Kanzaki, Futaba, Furuichi, Lamia, Tojo, Shizuka, and Shizuka's siblings are all there. This is sure to be another hilarious mini arc before the next big thing pops off, I'm definitely looking forward to the laughs!

The chapter ends with the manager for the Rice Boy Hero Show freaking out about his actors being indisposed after Beel electrocutes everyone because Shizuka's siblings were bullying him. Tojo, who's working as one of the actors, tells him not to worry about it and we can see that he's plotting to use Aoi and Oga as replacements.

And.. that's it. What do you guys think of Beelzebub's new chapter? Are you hoping for more action from the demon world? And who do you want Oga to end up with? Post your thoughts and let me know!

[Image Source]

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was funny, sp. the chapters after up to 159. esp. the kouts's crush on Futaba. (The babies are so cuuuute)
    I want Oga to end with Aoi, but I doubt that any ship will be canon since it isn't a romance manga, but if it does I'll be happy. I like Hilda too but I just can't see her with Oga. Even if she did like him, their main connection would be Baby Beel, she would also be very stubborn and wouldn't admit it. Keep in mind Oga's seemingly asexual /dense attitude. (Also I can't help but remember the time in the anime (it may have happened in the manga as well) where he insulted her boobs calling them udders XD)
    I def. want more demon world stuff, I love some the demon characters (Agiel mainly, but Quetzalcoatl was interesting as well ^^)

    ReplyDelete