Saturday, May 26, 2012

Manga Review: Vampire Knight 83

SPOILER ALERT!!! This review of Vampire Knight 83 contains spoilers! If you haven't read the new chapter click HERE!

Look, I know I was pretty harsh on the last chapter of VK but let me just say in the very beginnings of the new chapter I lmfao'd at Ruka's situation! Kaname pretty much said "You got in my way, get the fuck up out my face" and hoe'd her life. Maybe I sound cruel, but I never liked nor sympathized with her. To me, she's always been "back dooring", serving Kaname and waiting in the shadows for him and Yuki to be over. That's shady shit that gets you in trouble and sure enough it came around and bit her in the ass. I felt no shame laughing at her, but Kain obviously cares about her and fed her Yuki's blood via mouth to mouth in order to restore her strength.

Then we go to the dungeon where Sara and Ichijou are being kept. I'd like to offer some commentary on Sara saying, in reference to Zero, "Were you referring to me putting a rein onto him in order to make him listen?" In the last chapter we had Kiryu telling Kaname "I'm my own master" but it looks like Kiryu is still being controlled by the very vampires he hates. Zero's not his own master as he said but has only shifted masters from Kaname/Yuki to Sara. Zero seems to know, somewhat, that he's being manipulated as well, but I think Zero just hates Kaname and the thought of drinking Kaname/Yuki's blood so much that he drank Sara's blood in order to get the power to kill him. After he does that he's going to deal with killing Sara (if Kaname doesn't get to her first). Whatever the reason, it doesn't really look good for Zero.

Earlier after he disowned Ruka, Kaname disappeared but he didn't leave. He made it right to the room/building that Sara is hiding out in, still sporting the wound that Kain had given him earlier. He's about to walk through the door when Zero and Yuki come to stop him. Yuki gives a "I wont hesitate to kill you" speech, cuts off her hair, and reaffirms her partnership with Zero. Just as they go for Kaname's neck the chapter ends.

Aren't they cuuuttee!? <3
Just to tie up a couple of loose ends, somewhere in this chapter Yuki asks Kaname "what is her will that's making you do all this?" Obviously this is a reference to Kaname's first love, the woman that gave humans the power to fight vampires. This is just me guessing, but apparently her "will" is to have all pure blood vampires dead. I'm not saying that's a good thing but I'm not too interested in knowing why Kaname's doing what he's doing because, quite frankly, Sara has something going on that we don't know anything about and I want to know! As much as I don't like her, I know this sneaky bitch is planning something and I'm more interested in watching her fall.

Also, and on a lighter note, did you see the Zero/Yuki action? Yay! I love them together! :)

What do you guys think of this chapter? Do you think Zero and Yuki will be able to stop Kaname? What do you think Sara's planning? Post a comment and let me know!

[Image Source]

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post. I like that your critical of the characters and do not "sugar coat" your ideas. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, I'll keep them coming :)

      Delete