Monday, May 21, 2012

Manga Review: Vampire Knight 82

SPOILER ALERT!!! This review of Vampire Knight 82 will contain spoilers! If you haven't read the new chapter click HERE!

Kaname came in READY to slay.
[Big Fat SIGH] At this point I don't even know wtf is going on anymore. Honestly, I'm just reading it because I'm all caught up in the series and have nothing better to do. Chapter 82 of Vampire Knight starts with Kaname invading the Vampire Hunter headquarters, presumably to kill Shirabuki Sara. Just as Kaname enters and takes a few steps into the compound, Zero comes flying from the ceiling with his weapon Bloody Rose. They do some talking, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, somewhere in there Zero claims that he's his own master.

We know that Zero has been fighting his vampire urges since the beginning of the series because he was once a vampire hunter and was turned into a vampire by a pureblood. He's been slowly descending into a "level E" (I think that's what it's called) vampire, meaning that eventually he'll lose all sense of reason and only live to feed his vampire urges. Way earlier in the series the blood tablets weren't enough to satisfy him and he began "feeding" on Yuki. Yuki is a pureblood as well and I believe she contains some of Kaname's blood. So all this time Zero has been indirectly drinking Kaname's blood.

Now with that explanation out of the way we can go back to this "I'm my own master" comment. Zero seems to be saying "You don't control me, I may be a vampire but I'm never going to submit to these desires" and Kaname responds with "No matter who's body the blood is put it, it still belongs to the pureblood," basically saying "bitch I own you and you will deal" and their fight continues.

Outside (or inside, I couldn't tell) Ruka and Kain, former Night Class students, are blocking the Vampire Hunters from getting to where Kaname is, although they don't plan on stopping him at all. The Hunters want Sara and Kaname to kill each other off but the Headmaster, Kaien Cross, gets them into gear by telling them to do their jobs and stop/kill Kaname from further entering their HQ. Toga Yagari, dude with the eye patch Zero's former teacher, lets the Headmaster know he wasn't shit for telling the hunters to stop Kaname when he was hiding purebloods in their Headquarters.

Yuki arrives and Ruka and Kain try to block her way as well. Of course Yuki's oblivious "there's no evil in the world" ass wants everyone to stop fighting but that's not bout to happen. Just when Yuki pleads with Ruka to give Kaname back, Kaname and Zero come falling out of nowhere with Kaname clutching Zero's neck. As they're falling, Kaname takes his sword and is about to cut Zero but Ruka steps in and blocks it. Everyone realizes what happened, Kain goes to see if Ruka's ok, chapter ends.

Let's discuss how Yuki is pleading with Ruka to give Kaname back. Bitch what? Ruka is basically the sideline hoe in all this and you're ASKING NICELY to get your man back while she's blocking you from him? Girl if you don't take out the Artemis Rod (her weapon) and go ham on this bitch! Her actions are blatantly saying "I'm not letting Kaname go without a fight" while your peace keeping ass wants everybody to hold hands and get along. Ugh, Yuki I'm sick of you, boss the fuck up and FIGHT for what you want! I get that in most shojo's girls are either moe or tsundere types, and maybe I just want Yuki to be a little more... assertive/aggressive, but cooommmee oooonn! Yuki really needs to get it together.

I, personally, just really want Kaname to kill Sara. Somebody really needs to kill that bitch. Like for real. I also think the problem with Yuki might be that she doesn't know who she wants to be with, but I really need her to hurry up and choose. I'm rooting for Zero, and that's all I have to say.

How did you feel about this chapter? How do you feel about where this series is going? Where do you think it's going over all? What do you think will happen next? And who are you rooting for Yuki to be with? Please leave a comment and let me know!

[Source for Image]

No comments:

Post a Comment